Diggers Methylated Spirits
Diggers Methylated Spirits is a denatured alcohol and a very versatile household cleaning agent commonly used as a hard surface cleaner and disinfectant.
- Heavy-duty disinfectant/hard surface cleaner
- Cleaner for glass, mirrors, showers, tiles, fridges and other household appliances
- Thinning paints, lacquers and varnishes and cleaning paint brushes
- Stain remover/removing ink from non-porous surfaces
- Window and floor cleaner
- Removing sticker residue
- Windscreen washer additive
- Highly cost-effective cleaner/non-smearing
- Miscible in water and hydrocarbon solvents
Please note: Not suitable for use in decorative spirit burners. Use in decorative spirit burners could lead to serious burn injury.
In the Home
- Add a little to the washing up water to clean dishes, cutlery and glassware without smears.
- Add a little to the wash for cleaner, whiter clothes.
- Wipe on with a soft cloth and dry off with a paper towel for sparkling clean mirrors and windows.
- Clean up all smears off shiny kitchen surfaces – sinks, laminates, tiles.
- Use to clean and disinfect all hard surfaces in your home. It kills 99.9% of germs.
- The perfect glass cleaner that won’t leave streaks behind as it evaporates very quickly. Dilute with water (around 50%) before using it to clean your windows. Use a sprayer and a lint free cloth to wipe the surface clean.
- Oil based stains such as lipstick can be removed from clothing by simply dabbing with methylated spirits and then placing in a cold wash,
- Great as a makeup brush cleaner to disinfect and sanitise
- Soak your jewellery overnight to get it sparkling.
- Rub or spray a little inside your shoes to remove odours.
- A few drops soften up shoe polish that has hardened in the tin.
- Wipe over fridges, ovens, household appliances, stainless steel kettles, etc, to get them sparkling.
- Wipe around the washing machine bowl after use
- Wipe or spray around the toilet seat, to clean and sanitise.
- Add a little to the rinse water to prevent static electricity in clothes.
- Just a wipe with a cotton bud soaked in Methylated Spirits cleans up tape recorder heads.
- Dab a little onto mosquito bites for itching relief.
- Rub on the skin for a cool, refreshing back massage.
- Mix with three parts water for a refreshing footbath.
- Works well with sanding wood. Use on an old cloth to wipe away any excess sawdust that may still be present after sanding. The result is a smoother surface.
- Great for getting rid of permanent marker on PVC plastics or whiteboards.
- Can be used to remove tough ink stains from clothes or upholstery in the house. To be on the safe side, test a small inconspicuous place first. Use a clean rag and only a small amount of the solution.
- Remove stickers from car windscreens. Use Methylated Spirits to easily remove the sticker and any remaining residue. It also works with glue, and even super glue.
In the Bathroom
- A quick wipe over the shower tiles every day helps keep bathroom mould at bay.
- Methylated Spirits is the all round hero cleaner for your bathroom, especially for mould.
To effectively kill mould, make your own methylated spirits cleaning solution with 80% parts methylated Spirits and 20% part water. Use a sprayer to spray the patches of mould. Let it soak in for a few minutes and then wipe it off with a clean, damp rag. Make sure you properly dry the area after wiping it clean.
- It is a neutral cleaner. This means it is safe to use on most surfaces in your bathroom, including grout. Methylated spirits is safe to use on glass, sinks, chrome taps, ceramic, stone, marble and grout. (Do not use on painted or varnished surfaces).
In the Car & Boat
- Use it straight from the bottle to remove tar and insect stains from duco. But beware! Some modern car finishes may be affected, so always test on a small area first.
- A few drops in the car windscreen washer water reduces smearing.
- A little in the petrol tank will de-water the fuel system.
- A few drops on the distributor points will dry out the ignition when wet.
- It is an effective solvent for paints, lacquers and varnish.